Massachusetts Agriculture in the Classroom was founded in 1983 and incorporated as a non-profit 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization in 1984. We continue to be part of a national effort committed to promoting agricultural education and literacy.
The organization is led by an all volunteer and highly committed Board of Directors consisting of teachers, farmers, partners, and agriculture education advocates.
The Board of Directors consists of 10-15 members representing Massachusetts educators, farmers, and community groups.
The Board meets twelve times per year and actively supports and guides the mission, vision and programs of Massachusetts Agriculture in the Classroom.
If you would like to learn more about the board, or to join our monthly virtual meetings, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Roberta Oles, President
- Christopher Szkutak and Maria Berrios, Vice-Presidents
- Heather Holgate, Treasurer
- Sharon Nist, Secretary
Board of Directors
- Ann Prest, Mass State Grange Representative
- Christine Robbins, Auburn Public Schools Educator
- JoAnn Mossman, Retired Educator
- Russell Anderson, Retired Science and Technology Teacher
- Rita Brennan Olson, Mass Partnership for Food Safety Education
- Sharon Nist, Retired Educator
- Harry Brandt, Chicopee Schools
- Mary Glabach, Erving Elementary
- Ellen Nylen, Food Services Director, Codman Academy Charter Public School
- Shawn O'Neill, Robinson Elementary, Marshfield
- Kate O'Brien, Peabody Schools, Special Needs
- Christine Robbins, Auburn Middle School
- Teresa Strong, Boston Public Schools
- Cynthia Jensen, Retired Science Teacher
- Denise Courtney, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE)
- Dr. James Alicata, Fitchburg State University
- Diane Baedeker Petit, USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Mary McCaffrey, Cape Cod Cranberry Growers Association
- Rick LeBlanc, Mass Dept. of Agricultural Resources
- Mary Jordan, Mass Dept. of Agricultural Resources
- Marian Hazzard, Teacher and School Gardener
- Ed Bourgeois, Pioneer Valley Sheep Breeders Association
- Henry Hicks, Founding Member, MA Council of Social Studies
- June Johnson , Treasurer until 2019